☆Waking Up Tips☆
Sometimes it’s hard to wake up. Sometimes I think nobody knows this better than I do. Thing is, it isn’t as hard as you think.
☆First things first - when you wake up turn your light on immediately
For the most part when you wake up you don’t want to wake up therefore you don’t. So yes tip number one is to make yourself *want* to wake up.
● put something on your bedside table to entice you
• have a little reminder of what the day might bring, that you enjoy, on a sticky note somewhere near the bed where you’ll see it.
• tape/pin a vision board on the wall across from your bed so you’ll see it when you wake up.
Next step is to try and be healthy about waking up. Remember healthy can be fun!
● go to bed at a decent hour. This means whenever you want to get up go to bed 8 and 1/4 hours before. A good 20 minutes before you want to be asleep.
•get a drink of water. It helps if you already have a bottle of water on your bedside table
• sit up. You don’t have to leave the bed you just have to sit up. This gets the flow of blood to increase again!
• read! Yes read. Be it something from your phone or a small book. Get your brain active with light reading. You’re not going to completely comprehend everything; that’s why I recommend making it something on your phone. ie: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, local news, weather.
• pop in your headphones! Listen to a song you know the words to by heart. Sing it out loud if you have to. Then listen to a song you don’t know that well. The focus will wake your brain up. Plus it’s good for memory anyway!
You need to get your body active.
● get up and shuffle your way to the coffee maker
• go to the bathroom
• turn on the TV at the source
• do some yoga (or an exercise that you feel is fun and wakes you up)
Last but not least, you need to have your room just right.
●it needs to be cool. Turn on a fan or air conditioning. Doesn’t need to be harshly cold just lightly cool.
• it needs to be dark. Light will keep the mind from going to sleep. It’s how our brains work. Why do ya think I said when you get up turn your light *on* 😜
• if there’s a smell, like lavender, that calms you and helps you sleep you need to have that sprayed or laid around in your room.
I know very well how hard it is to wake up. I’m still waking up right now.
P.S. Freaky Friday will be posted later on as it is going to be typed throughout the day kind of as a follow me around thing.